May 22, 2011 by Dana
With all of my list making and such, it probably won’t surprise you to know that I am a planner. Not having a plan makes me anxious. Nervous. Unsettled.
I guess technically that makes me a planner and a worrier.
I’m not saying that my plans always work out. In fact, most of them end up getting changed once they’re in progress. Usually because I pack too much in too short of a time span. Or because I’m running late. Or both. Let’s just say timing is an issue for me.
You would think, with all of this planning, that I would have something magnificent up my sleeve for today, my one year blogiversary. And I do! Only, it wasn’t planned.
No, the serendipitous timing of my fun Saucy Mama Fab with Five contest entry, along with a Saucy Mama giveaway for one lucky reader, was pure chance.
(Actually, that’s a lie. It was actually quite predictable. It’s because I waited until the very last day to submit my contest entry. Again, the timing thing.)
I thought a lot about what I wanted to make for the contest. And for a while I really was stumped. I mean, it’s no easy task to utilize only five ingredients (plus the freebies – olive oil, salt and pepper) and put together a winning dish!
But once my Saucy Mama sample products arrived in the mail, my inspiration became clear. The delicious new Sante Fe Creamy Chipotle Dressing would be my muse.
I knew I wanted to use the dressing in an unusual way, not just as a salad dressing or dipping sauce for veggies. But I also wanted to showcase it. Let it shine through. Steal the show.
I just wasn’t sure how.
And then, when thinking about my upcoming trip to Mexico (just four more days and two finals stand between me and Cabo!), it hit me. I would make Huevos Rancheros!
1/8 cup Saucy Mama Sante Fe Creamy Chipotle Dressing
1.5 cups chopped tomatoes
2 small flour tortillas
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 egg, room temperature
1/4 avocado, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1. To make the sauce: In a blender, combine the Saucy Mama Sante Fe Creamy Chipotle Dressing with one cup of the tomatoes. Blend on low speed until just combined. Set aside.
2. Warm tortillas under the broiler, about 2 minutes. Once warmed, set them on plate, overlapping one another.
3. In a nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot (sizzles when sprinkled with water), add the egg to the skillet. Cook egg until desired doneness (pictured is sunnnyside up).
4. While egg is cooking, spoon as much sauce as desired on top of the tortillas. Arrange the avocado slices on top of the sauce. Once egg is ready, layer it on top of the avocado. Top with remaining tomatoes and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Enjoy!
I am so glad I was able to participate in the Saucy Mama Fab with Five contest. Not only did I get to sample six different tasty sauces, come up with a delicious new breakfast recipe, and get one step closer to crossing off an item on my 27×27 list, but I get to offer you the chance to win some great Saucy Mama products as well!
The lucky winner of this giveaway will receive a Saucy Mama prize pack, including three delicious products – the Saucy Mama Sweet Heat Marinade, Saucy Mama Tarragon Lemon Mustard, and Saucy Mama Pacific Rim Ginger Dressing!
Entering is easy!
To enter this Saucy Mama giveaway, simply leave a comment letting me know what Saucy Mama product you would most like to try!
Optional: For those that want more chances to win, leave a separate comment for each of the following things that you do for one additional entry per comment:
- Subscribe to Food for Thought by email or subscribe to my RSS feed
- Follow me on Twitter
- Follow me on Facebook
- Tweet the following: @danacooks is hosting a #giveaway! #Win a @SaucyMamaCafe prize! http://wp.me/pW0Ec-11C #FabWithFive
You may enter any time until Monday, May 31 at midnight (U.S. addresses only… sorry international friends!). Winners will be announced on Tuesday. Good luck!