February 4, 2011 by Dana
Ready for your mind to be blown?
The following is a real, grammatically correct sentence in the English language:
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
It’s true! I know because I read it on the internets. And everything on the internet is true.
Basically, this sentence is saying that bison from Buffalo, NY, that are bothered by other bison from Buffalo, NY, bother other bison from Buffalo, NY.
Now, if you’re anything like me, your brain is melting out of your ears from trying to figure out which ‘buffalo’ is which. And you’re also thinking about buffalo wings.
Well, fret not! I have an easy recipe for you that requires very little brain power and results in a delicious meal to satisfy that craving!
1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo wing sauce
1 cup water
1 tablespoon butter
6 russet potatoes, washed well
When I say this recipe is easy, I mean super easy. It’s a slow cooker recipe that requires almost no prep. You don’t even have to defrost the chicken!
1. Add chicken (frozen is fine), buffalo sauce, water and butter to crockpot. Cook on low for 6 hours.
2. About an hour before you are ready to eat, preheat oven to 400 degres Ferenheit. Once preheated, place potatoes directly into the oven (not in foil), and bake for about 45 minutes. Using pot holders, gently squeeze the potatoes to test for doneness. They should be soft but not mushy when ready.
3. When chicken is done cooking, break it up using a wooden spoon. The chicken will just fall apart at this point.
4. Spoon chicken mixture onto baked potatoes and top with sauce and other desired toppings (ex. shredded cheese, sour cream, blue cheese dressing).
5. Serve and enjoy! (Serves 6)
Didn’t I tell you this was easy?? It also happens to be very delicious, filling, and relatively low cal! Even though the whole thing is less than 400 calories, it is sure to please even the burliest of meat and potatoes lovers!