2. Sift together the flour and salt. Set aside. In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in the egg yolks. Gradually mix in the flour mixture to form a thick, stiff dough.
3. For 80 cinnamon flavored cookies, add 4 tablespoons cinnamon to the dough. For 80 sesame seed cookies, add 1/3 cup toasted sesame seeds to the dough. For 40 cinnamon flavored cookies and 40 sesame seed cookies, split the dough into two bowls. Add 2 tablespoons cinnamon to one bowl, and 1/6 cup toasted sesame seeds to the other. Mix well.
4. Shape the dough into small balls about 1″ in diameter. Place the balls on ungreased baking sheets and flatten them by pressing with a fork in a criss-cross pattern. Brush the tops lightly with egg white (not too much – I had quite a bit of egg white left over).
5. Bake the cookies 8 to 9 minutes, or until barely colored for a chewy cookie; bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden for a crispy cookie. (I did exactly 10 minutes and they were a perfect balance of chewy and crispy)
6. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a minute before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
Now that I’ve shared this absolutely delicious recipe with you, I hope we are on good terms again. So please, if you haven’t already, go vote for me. Thank you!!